Hey all, please take a moment to vote for my sister below so she can win a scholarship and internship! We worked super hard on the video submission. Simply click SUPPORT to make an account, then verify your vote through your e-mail. Voting ends June 3rd. Thank you! 🙏😘 http://s-trip.campusperks.ca/en/entries/8qiko
Is Junk Food really cheaper? New York Times article shows a profound example.
THIS. THIS. THISTHISTHIS.
No more excuses, people!!!
I’m totally for home cooking vs. junk food, however this picture is a little misleading. For example, you can’t just buy a dash of salt and pepper for 5 cents, or a tablespoon of olive oil, or 3 slices of bacon.. you have to buy bulk packages, which increases the cost. So overall, grocery shopping DOES end up costing more thank junk food at one time… HOWEVER, it will be a better investment in the long run (e.g. you can use a package of rice over time) as long as you use the items before they expire. Just wanted to make that clear, because misleading “research reports” bother me.
My go-to snack: spinach wrap with tomato paste (I mixed it with leftover pesto this time), prosciutto, basil, and peppercorn goat cheese. Pop it in the toaster oven for a few minutes.
Green Smoothie - 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 pear, 1 ½ cup of orange juice, and 1 frozen banana.
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL peanut butter, ½ banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice.
Mango Ginger — 2 cups frozen Mango, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup chopped ginger, squeeze of lime, yogurt.
Strawberry Date — 1 date, 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk. Optional: 1 scoop protein powder or 1 TBL of flaxseed oil.
A gentle yoga routine to help you relax before bed. Watch the full video here.
6 Fruits You Should Try
- Dragon FruitThis fruit is an excellent supplement for the liver as well as contains vital minerals that assist in weight-loss and balancing body weight without compromising health. For people suffering from diabetes, a dry or fresh dragon fruit guarantees blood glucose control.
- Star FruitThis fruit is an excellent source of ascorbic acid, which is important to the fitness of your body, as it assists in maintaining bones, teeth, mucus membranes, skin and improves the immune system. It also contains beta-carotene, which can be converted into vitamin A in your body for good vision and appetite.
- KiwanoThis fruit is very rich in vitamin c and fibre. These help the red bloods cells, skin, muscles, nerves and heart. Vitamin E works in the body by helping to neutralize the damage from free radicals which can cause cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- MangosteenThis fruit has a very high concentration of xanthones that is one of the most powerful anti-oxidents in the world. The fruit also boosts the body’s immune systems and helps increase energy levels.
- Sugar Apple
This fruit helps regulate the menstrual cycle, and contains a large amount of rosemary oil which can help fight off depression. This fruit also contains cineole which aids the body’s nervous system, helps in blood circulation, and improves concentration. This fruit as well aids in reducing the severity of asthma.
- Goji BerryGoji berries are called the world’s most nutritional powerful anti-aging food. Goji berries are the highest rated antioxidant and have more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene than carrots, more protein than whole wheat and more iron than steak.
I refuse to believe these are real
Star fruit is delicious!
These look like Pokémon in desguise.
I love how these fruits are available here. Goji berries make fantastic tea too.
The first and second photo are Nina Dobrev featured in Seventeen.The third is Nina on on the beach, unphotoshopped.
I call these my indicator shorts because I know I’ve gained weight when I can’t fit into them anymore. I’m happy to say that I can now button them up! Yay! The waist is still a little tight though. But hey, progress is progress.